Friday, October 22, 2010

A Millionaire's First Love



Jae-kyung is a high school senior but he skips school often. Once he turns nineteen years old, he is going to be a millionaire. However, the day before he inherit the fortune, his family lawyer tells him about the will from his deceased grandfather. It is specified that he can inherit the fortune only if he graduates from Boram High School, which is located in the countryside. He has no choice but to go there. Life changes a lot for him at Boram High School. He can't use his credit card or even drive his sports car! Meanwhile, as Jae-Gyeong attends this school, he meets Eun-hwan. She is different from the other people living in the country and seems to have some kind of secret. Jae-Gyeong starts to change his attitude, and Eun-hwan’s secret is about to be revealed.

Starring Hyun Bin and Lee Yeon Hee

After watching this film I just realize how complicated life is. It is as if I want to be young again. Before, happiness is so plain, so simple. When asked who my first love is, I will immediately answer, "My parents", now first love is something that brought out tears in my eyes, a question I always avoid answering. Excitement is when I'll be seeing you the next day or an immediate text that you badly needed to see me now, unlike before, it's during afternoons wherein I'll be meeting up with my friends to play in a vacant lot, laughing and cheering until it's already dawn and our moms will call us to go home. If only the one peso coin I always asked from my lola when I was six years old has the same value as of now, how lucky I will be to have a thousand bucks in my wallet? Now, four thousand is not enough to pay my debts and six hundred pesos is just enough for a good dinner for two. When I was young, my greatest problem will be counting the stars in the sky for I only memorize one-to-ten and skip the rest and utter 1million. Now, the word problem is hard to define, same as happiness and love. It is nice to be young, no regrets on making mistakes, just happiness...pure happiness...

No comments: